As expats living in China, we acknowledge the importance of instant noodle culture. Instant noodles were invented by Momofuku Ando in Japan. They were launched in 1958 under the brand name Chikin Ramen. In 1971, Cup Noodles were introduced as the first cup noodle product. Also, in case you were wondering, Ramen is basically a Japanese noodle soup. It has become synonymous in America for all instant noodle products.
We all love our ramen or instant noodles, but how often do you check how cool they can be packaged? Here is our selection of 15 funny and ingenious instant noodle and ramen packaging designs worth checking out, from the cool concepts made by design students to what you might actually find in stores that really stand out.
See how great instant noodles can look when packaged the right way!
1. Maruchan Food Packaging – Student concept by Kota Kobayashi. (Japan)
2. Ramen Noodle Packaging Designed by Carley Metzger (USA)
3. Red & White Packaging Concept Designed by Sanna Hellsten (Finland)
4. Dian Mian Student Project by Liang Jin-Wei, Zhan Yu-Rou, Sung Hsiao-Chi, and Kao Yu-Wei (Taiwan)
5. Goodles Loves Noodles Packaging Designed by Linda Baritski and James Stewart (UK)
6. Maruchan Ramen Packaging Designed by Brandon Schneider (USA)
7. Personified Geisha Pouches Noodle Designed by Helen Maria Backstrom (Sweden)
8. Cup Noodles Packaging Designed by Janet Lee (USA)
9. Noodle Foodbox for Vlad Co Designed by Advertising and Design Agency (Russia)
10. Hot Noodle Packaging Designed by Masanori Eto of ADBRAIN Inc.(Japan)
11. Ramen Concept Packaging Designed by Jess DePaul (USA)
12. Club 27 – Instant Noodles Packaging Designed by Diana Klyuchnikova (Russia)
13. KAN PAI! Ramen Noodle Soup Designed by Tierra Nelson (USA)
14. Noodles Pots Packaging Designed by Innocent (France)
15. Ezaki Glico Noodle Packaging Designed by DesignBus (Japan)