FSC stands for Forest Stewardship Council and it’s a global, non-governmental organisation that was established in 1993 by a group of business, environmentalist and community leaders after the Earth Summit in Rio failed to produce an agreement to stop deforestation.
It was created in an attempt to protect both the world’s forests and its forest-dependent communities.
You might have seen their logo on many products, from paper bags to building supplies, and there are many good reasons to both look for it on the forest products you purchase and insist on the logo on products you or your company use. Here are the most relevant:
- It protects the environment. Products coming from FSC certified forests must be grown and harvested in a way that is good for the habitat and the future growth of the forest. FSC eliminates deforestation, forest degradation and illegal logging in certified areas. Moreover, it is the organization’s endeavor to grow the market for sustainable forest products and to highlight the dangers of poor forestry practice.
- It helps indigenous people. All local, regional and global laws must be followed in harvesting and transporting FSC products, respecting the health and environment of indigenous people. Moreover, this way you are also helping employing local workers, since FSC forest owners must employ a local workforce at a decent salary to run their operations.
- It raises standards. FSC certification acts as a catalyst for improving standards in forest management. Amongst FSC’s members are the world’s largest and most respected environmental NGOs, including Greenpeace, WWF, and The Woodland Trust, all of which are vocal in their support of FSC over other certifiers.
- It creates competitive advantages. FSC certification can help businesses achieve higher revenues and enhance their public image. By becoming FSC-certified, producer businesses and forest owners can enter new markets and gain a stronger, more diverse customer base. Retailers and suppliers can strengthen their reputations, provide assurance about ethical and environmental product standards and forge stronger links with their own clients.
- It connects with consumers. FSC provides a link between the forest and the end user. Its certification allows consumers to be confident that the products they are buying come from a responsible source. And consumers appreciate being able to participate in supporting sustainability through their purchases. FSC’s credibility is a great brand benefit, enhancing trustworthiness and marketing possibilities. It reflects the image of your brand.
Swedbrand Group is proud to offer FSC paper bags with Chain of Custody certification. You can use, at no extra cost, these on-product labels on your printed bags — a globally trusted mark for businesses and consumers looking for sustainable solutions.
We are one of the first and few suppliers in China with partners with third-party certification bodies to produce sustainable packaging. Not only do we strive to be your first choice when it comes to retail solutions, but also we want to be your number one ethically responsible supplier.
To find out more about Swedbrand Group’s commitment to the planet check our website (http://www.swedbrand-group.com/csr) or send us an email to email@example.com for further details about our products and services.