What material is used to build houses, build all kinds of furniture, helps to keep our air clean and can even keep us warm? It is wood. No matter how – if burned, chopped or sawn, we think wood to be one of the most useful and abundant raw materials. And this will likely also remain this way in the future.
Why not use it for packaging as well? It is better for the environment than plastic – you can even use it to fire up your stove if you happen to have one. For the unfortunate majority of people like us who don’t have one, we can still keep the wood packaging to hold a nice gift or as decorative piece – if we don’t want to throw it away.
Here you can gaze at the coolest packaging designs we found that feature wood:
1. Wine Company Ktima Gerovassiliou, Greece – Athanasios Babalis, Industrial Designer & Professor of Industrial Design
2. Champagne House Ruinart, France – Dutch designer Piet Hein Eek, applying his ingenuity for recycled wood
3. Olia Group Olive Oil, Greece – Olive Oil and Gold “the perfect taste of luxury”
4. Dsquared Wood, Canada – Eau de Toilette for men
5. PieBox™, United States – Reusable wooden pastry carriers that are handcrafted in the USA
6. Tay Skincare, United States – Clean and Pure Skincare,Designed by Sarah Tay
7. Thé des bois, Canada -Marie-Andrée Pelletier Cyr
8. Bzzz Premium, Armenia – Designed by Backbone from Yerevan
9. Potter’s Crackers, United States – Cranberry Hazelnut Crisps
10. Thymes Frasier Fir Northwoods Collection, United States -Designed by Wink from Minnesota
11. Koronaki, Greece – Extra virgin olive oil
12. Fragrance Company Le Labo, Unites States – Designed by Japanese Design Firm Nosigner