At last summer is over. And autumn is here, blessing us with its deep rich colours and lower temperatures. In many cultures, Autumn or fall is deemed the season of harvest and reflection. At this time of the year, we look forward to celebrations and festivals associated with autumn in various cultures. One such festival is the Mid-Autumn Festival that is celebrated in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and other Asian countries.
The Mid-Autumn festival, also known as Moon Festival, is celebrated to rejoice a large and bright moon on the 15th day of the 8th lunar month of the Chinese calendar. The festival, which started as a celebration of a bountiful harvest, is now highlighted by the performances of lion and dragon dances, lanterns and consuming the delicious traditional Moon Cakes.
Activities like the making and sharing of Moon Cakes during the festival inspire beautiful colorful packaging designs from brands and bakeries each year and this is something we’re totally here for.
Here are some beautiful packaging designs that succeeded in inspiring us, whetting our appetites and lifting our spirits during this reflective season. We hope you enjoy them!
1. Fullerton Hotel Moon Cake Packaging Design, Singapore
2. Starbucks Moon Cake Packaging, China
3. Marina Bay Sands Moon Cake Packaging 2011 by Fenf3n, Singapore
4. MVV Moon Cake Packaging Design by Bond, Vietnam
5. Moon Cake Minimal Packaging Design Concept
6. Citrus Moon Cake Packaging Design by Tsan-Yu Yin, Taiwan
7. St Regis Moon Cake Packaging Design 2012, Singapore
8. The Peninsula Moon Cake Packaging Design 2012, Bangkok
9. The Westin Taipei Moon Cake Packaging Design, by Goodeed Design
10. The Hilton Hotel Moon Cake Packaging Design
11. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Mooncake Packaging Design 2014, Bangkok
12. CULT Moon Cake Packaging Design, concept by Brandon Sim
13. Moon Cake Traditional Packaging Design, China
14. Moon Cake Packaging Design by Tee Yeeping, Singapore
15. Harrods Exclusive Moon Cake Selection 2014, London